Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Meet the new boss

And unfortunately for everyone, he's the same as the old boss.  It's a pity, but not unexpected.  I suppose we can take some solace in the idea that we're no worse off today than we were yesterday.

Of course, 3 months down the road, who knows how things will be.  After all, the "fiscal cliff" looms.  While I'm all for a smaller government, I'd prefer a bit more thought in achieving it.  Ax murders tend to be messy and have unpredictable outcomes.

It seems that the stock markets don't particularly care for the election outcome; the Dow Industrials are down almost 300, while gold and oil are skidding as well.  I'm guessing that traders see the economic downturn continuing, but that's just a guess.

I will be taking in a gun show this weekend.  Thankfully I'm in good shape in that area; I just want to see if the panic buying approaches the same level as it did 4 years ago.

On the way out, let me thump the drum of your preparations for disaster or hard times.  They're coming.  We've seen (again) what a weather event can do to unprepared areas and their inhabitants.  Many of us are expecting some sort of long-term bad economy if not outright bust.  You need to position yourselves against those things.  Maybe the don't happen today, tomorrow or in the next year--but they will happen.  Get ready now while it's still easy to do.

No comments: