Public comment is being accepted until Feb. 1, 2009 by the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission concerning an unbelievable expansion of your hunting rights.OK folks, hunter or not, click on the link and give the bureaucrats a piece of your mind. We need to gather every win we can.
Among the proposals are:
You may read the proposed changes in their entirety by visiting http://www.ncwildlife.org and selecting "2009 Proposed Regulations & Public Hearing Schedule." GRNC feels these are positive changes for NC hunters and an unprecedented expansion of your hunting rights.
- No daily bag limit on deer.
- A single uniform deer season to clear up current county by county confusion.
- Remove restrictions on the types of firearms allowed on game landsduring open hunting seasons, but while big game seasons are closed. Therefore removing the criminality of possessing certain types of shotgun shells or pistols larger than .22 caliber during the closed big game firearms seasons.
- Extends muzzle loader season to two weeks.
- Allow archery equipment use during muzzle loader season.
- Expanded rifle hunting opportunities.
Monday, January 05, 2009
There hasn't been much good news for gun owners or hunters since the November election, but this message from Grassroots NC is like a breath of fresh air:
Posted by The Freeholder at 7:49 PM