- Rep. Carolyn McCarthy has introduced HR 1859, "To reinstate the prohibition on the possession or transfer of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and to strengthen that prohibition". And by the way, she did that yesterday--the day of the shootings at Virginia Tech.
- Chicago Mayor Richard Daley complains "I don't care what people think about it, to the left or to the right. There are too many guns in our society."
- The Brady Campaign is mouthing off as usual. Please note the subdued "Send us your money now!" graphic.
- The Violence Policy Center whines about "increasing lethal firearms".
- New Yorkers Against Gun Violence, a wholly-owned subsidiary of IANSA, regurgitates all the old anti-gun talking points.
I've heard some folks on various gun forums who think that starting to defend ourselves now from an onslaught of new infringements on our rights is premature. I call "bullshit". The gun grabbers aren't wasting any time, why should we?
Start working now to fight the coming fight. Let's go, people.